Friday, May 7, 2010

Big Boobs and Brickell

counter Views
Recently I was watching the new season of “The Hills” in which Heidi Montag revealed her new face, tits and ass that she spent a whopping $30K on. Montag, who went under the knife for a total of 10 procedures at one time, came out looking like Barbie on crack. 

This got me thinking about makeovers. The biggest facelift I’ve seen lately is the one that’s going on right outside my door on Brickell Avenue. 

As a Miami native, if you would have asked me 10 years ago if I would ever live in the Brickell area, the answer would have been "Hell no!" Brickell is the area north of the Rickenbacker Causeway and south of the Miami River that is east of I-95. Growing up in Miami, Brickell was considered the real estate equivalent to the "Wall Street of the South" that would become desolate after the close of the business day on Friday. Thanks to some overzealous developers and a housing boom, Brickell has flourished and continues to thrive as the casual yet hip alternative to the fast-paced South Beach lifestyle.

So here I am. About two years ago I, like many other young professionals at the time, flocked to the Brickell area just when the real estate bubble was really beginning to pop. We took advantage of an overbuilt housing market that was begging for tenants to fill the thousands of empty apartments that sat on Brickell Avenue. As a result, we were able to afford brand new ultra-luxury apartments without the South Beach prices. In recent years Brickell has transformed and is still ever-changing with new dining, shopping and entertainment options opening constantly. 

So who is Brickell Bitch? I'm your go-to girl for everything happening in the Brickell area! Whether it's a new restaurant opening, a cool event, or great shopping deals, BrickellBitch.com is your all access pass to everything you need to know about the Brickell area.  Visit the page often as I plan to update frequently.

I would love to hear your comments/ideas/suggestions. Please feel free to contact Brickell Bitch at BrickellBtch@gmail.com (yes, without the I!) or post your comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment